| The Assistant Director Ticket Operations reports to the Associate Athletic Director for Ticket Operations. The major duties of this position include assisting in the distribution of tickets for athletic and special events, supervising full-time and part-time clerical staff and ticket sellers, and coordinating daily operations of the ticket office. |
The position involves extensive customer contact and requires excellent communication and organizational skills. Additional duties include customer service, group and individual sales, interacting with a large number of donors, members of the University community, alumni and the general public.
Please Note: Evening and weekend hours required with the possibility of travel duties
- Train and supervise support staff, including part-time, temporary employees, game-day staff, students, and office interns.
- Oversee reconciliation and balance of daily cash deposits.
- Assist in preparation of Big Ten audits and settlement reports.
- Work with the marketing department to coordinate group sales and game day promotions.
- Assist in game day operations of Football and Men’s Basketball.
- Work with Account Executives to facilitate group promotions.
- Maintain and update ticket office policy manual.
- Oversee ticket office email account and assist with twitter/social media accounts.
- Enforcement of NCAA, conference, and institution policies and procedures as it affects ticket office operations.
Olympic Sport Responsibilities:
- Assist in the game day management of Olympic sports, including oversight of various sports.
- Coordinate sales and be responsible for set up in Spectra (formerly Paciolan), staffing, supervision, and accounting for all ticket sales and revenues. (All promotions/discounted tickets must be approved by the Associate Athletic Director for Ticket Operations).
- Coordinate with the ushering service of the various ticket promotions that are being implemented for particular games.
- Work with the marketing department and coaches on any ticket sales promotions for events.
- Responsible for adhering to all Department and University policies and procedures, as well as the rules, regulations, bylaws and interpretations of the Big Ten Conference and the NCAA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.