ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; compliance with employee handbook also required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of sports facilities and develops a working relationship with the managers of these facilities and maximizes their use.
- Maintain sales account files and distribute sales leads and correspondence to hotels under the direction of the Director of Sports.
- Maintain a professional dialogue, with Arlington hotel partners, to include becoming a liaison for hotel sales personnel to ask questions and request information with regards to leads, best practices, and use of our database (SimpleView).
- Develop and implement strategic plans to effectively recruit sports-related national governing bodies (NGB’s) and event organizers to Arlington facilities and hotels.
- Cultivate a strong relationship with the City of Arlington - Parks and Recreation Department; the Arlington Convention Center; the Arlington Independent School District and other local ISD’s, colleges and university athletic departments (University of Texas-Arlington, Tarrant County College, etc.) and the managers of these facilities as well as other private assets that could be used as potential sports venues.
- Communicate customers’ needs and encourage plans to upgrade facilities (as necessary and appropriate)
- Develop working relationships with local youth and adult sports associations in an effort to identify groups that desire to bring national governing bodies (NGB’s) and other event-rights holders to the City.
- Provide appropriate services to sports groups with a definite booking for Arlington, including (but not limited to) scheduling volunteer assistance, providing promotional collateral materials to event planners and providing on-site assistance with planning & execution of events.
- Maintain and develop an active file base in Simpleview, of potential clients through regular personal, telephone and written correspondence that are considering the region for potential meetings and events.
- Plan and coordinate hotel, convention center and city tours for meeting planners & for those planning or contemplating Arlington as a convention destination. Generate leads for hotels by following up on potential business provided by inquiry, through trade shows, trade publications, familiarization trips and sales calls.
- Strict adherence to all sales reporting policies, procedures and deadlines as established by the Vice President of Sales, the President & Chief Executive Officer and the Arlington CVB Board of Directors.
- Participate in sales trips to national markets, as well as, other cities designated by the Director of Sports. This position, when necessary, will also travel for the purpose of bid presentation opportunities.
- Travel to sports-related and other assigned market trade shows; develop and deliver verbal and written presentations to clients and stakeholders and develop files on potential sporting and special event clients.
- Assist in the implementation of departmental and bureau events such as, familiarization tours, sales missions and direct mail campaign, etc.
- Prepare and present bids to organizations in an effort to book events; when appropriate provide local businesses with bid materials.
- Discuss events and projects with industry partners.
- Record appropriate organization, contact and activities in the Arlington Convention and Visitors Bureau CRM database. Maintain accurate booking records and pertinent sports marketing materials and sports calendars.
- Handle inquiries for all collateral materials available to meeting planners and visitors for promotional purposes to promote Arlington for assigned groups.
- Position will require flexible hours and may often include weekends.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Sports.
No supervisory responsibilities are associated with this position
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in marketing, sports management or business administration; Preferred two years of sports commission, CVB or other sports event production related experience. Ability to focus on and prioritize key business objectives is a must.
COMPUTER SOFTWARE SKILLS:
Solid skill level in terms of all software specifically associated with the Microsoft Office package; Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point. Ability to quickly become familiar with and utilize the Bureau’s Database System (Simpleview.)
Must possess effective use of Business English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and sales trends presented through business periodicals, professional journals and other relevant external as well as internal Bureau sources. Strong ability to write and verbally present concise and impactful reports, business correspondence, meeting specification needs and bid proposals. Strong ability to effectively present data and information, and directly respond to oral and written questions from groups composed of business managers, clients, customers, the general public as well his/her internal audience within the Bureau organization.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Texas Driver's License, Class C.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may be needed to lift or move up to 50 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in most cases, but can be loud due to an invent
The employee must be able to travel outside the City of Arlington. There is also required off job site job travel required for tradeshows, meetings and site inspections.
The work conditions include occasional irregular work hours; subject to many interruptions, varying, routine and unpredictable situations while working on multiple projects and priorities. Position will require flexible hours and may often include weekends.
Equal Opportunity Employer