|Plan, organize, promote, and implement a variety of tourism events that will meet the needs and desires of visiting tourists with a wide variance in personalities, age and interest levels. |
| Principal Duties: |
- Coordinate tourism events in conjunction with the Parks & Recreation Manager- Tourism.
- Responsible for overall operation, staffing, budget, and rental of City of College Station: Parks & Recreation facilities for private, public, and promoter tourism events.
- Interview, hire, train, supervise, evaluate, and discipline staff.
- Assess quality of customer service for assigned events through the distribution and evaluation of participant surveys. Develop and implement methods for improvement.
- Prepare and manage cost center budget and achieve revenue goals.
- Plan and coordinate advertising, news releases, and public service announcements for tourism events and activities, to also include participating in on-camera media interviews and assisting with other promotional tourism-related communications.
- Maintain adequate inventory and upkeep of equipment used in the operation of assigned events.
- Serve on internal and external committees and boards as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.